The start of the 2018 NFL Season is almost upon us. And with that comes expectations for teams.
The 49ers aren’t excluded from this conversation as the expectations are elevated in San Francisco.
The team finished 2017 with a five-game winning streak after inserting Jimmy Garoppolo as the starting quarterback. After that, the team averaged 28.8 points per game and won against three playoff teams.
After another season of roster turnaround and creating more of a winning atmosphere, it appears that the team is on the brim of ending the rebuilding process already.
However, there’s still so much to be wary of with this season approaching.
- The 49ers are without their leading running back from last season, Carlos Hyde.
- There are still questions surrounding the interior of the offensive line.
- There is no definite number one receiver.
- The team finished ninth worst in yards allowed per game and eighth worst in points per game allowed.
- And they were tied for the sixth lowest sack total with just 30 sacks.
The team is much improved from last season though. And if the final five-game stretch has anything to show, it’s that the team will continue to keep up the momentum.
Before I lose any momentum with you (the reader), here are five bold predictions for the 49ers for the 2018 season.
Next Page: No. 5
I love my Niners, but there is no magic in the NFL. Realistically, Shanny is good…but the mad Scientist crap aint working…and Saleh is not the man either. We are 2 years away from contention..0N off D wont cut it. Up a0nd coming rookies….Yes! But not enough xperience. Period.