The New York Jets are heading into an offseason that’s expected to bring heightened excitement, thanks to a healthy Aaron Rodgers and an improved roster. This offseason promises to be a busy one for the Jets as they aim to assemble a Super Bowl-worthy team, committing to significant moves in free agency and a crucial draft.
Here are some key dates to mark on your calendar for the upcoming offseason:
- February 1: Shrine Bowl
- An event where emerging talent showcases their skills.
- February 3: Senior Bowl
- A platform for top college prospects to impress NFL scouts.
- February 20: First day teams can designate Franchise or Transition Players
- Teams can secure key players for the future.
- February 27 – March 4: Scouting Combine
- Prospects demonstrate their abilities in various drills and interviews.
- March 13: League Year and Free Agency begins
- The official start of the NFL year, with teams pursuing free agents.
- March 24 – March 27: Annual League Meeting
- League officials gather to discuss important matters.
- April 15: Offseason workout programs begin for teams with returning head coaches
- Preparations kick off for the upcoming season.
- April 25 – April 27: 2024 NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan
- The future stars of the NFL will be selected in this highly anticipated event.
These dates will play a pivotal role in shaping the New York Jets’ offseason strategy as they strive to make significant strides toward Super Bowl contention.
Obviously, the 2023 season was not what the Jets were hoping to have. But, the future is bright.
With a health Aaron Rodgers, anything is possible. All you have to do is look what he did for years with the Green Bay Packers to find hope. A good offseason could put this team back into serious contention in the AFC.
Want the latest NFL and NCAA Football analysis, breaking news, and insider information? Click here. Interested in reading storylines and analysis about the NBA? Check out our partner NBA Analysis Network.